There are currently no openings. Thank you for your interest in Liberty Hall Historic Site!
Spring 2020 Internship - approximately 15 hours a week
Internship Description: LHHS seeks an intern to assist with performing an inventory and cataloging artifacts in the collection. This includes locating, marking, researching, and photographing objects. The intern will enter information and images to existing catalog records (or create new ones) in the museum’s database. The intern will also work with institutional paper records to create an electronic file of all maintenance performed on the two historic homes (Liberty Hall and the Orlando Brown House since they have been museums). Additionally, the intern will perform general administrative tasks for the office and the spring fundraiser (held April 25, 2020) which will include assisting with mailings, keeping track of sponsorship, registering attendees for the event, etc.
• Applicant must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university in Kentucky; study in History, Public History, Museum Studies, or similar field is preferred
• Evidence of excellent computer knowledge; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required
• Knowledge of PastPerfect Museum Software is desired
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
• Ability to work independently and efficiently to produce consistent, high-quality results over long-term project
• A high degree of organization, self-motivation, and great attention to detail is critical
• A team player with a demonstrated interest in museums, history, or material culture
Details of Internship: This internship is scheduled to begin in mid-January 2020 and completed on or before April 27, 2020. The actual hours to be worked are flexible and will be worked out with LHHS staff. Work must be done on-site at LHHS. No funds are available for ordinary travel between the intern’s home and LHHS.
Stipend: The intern selected will be paid at the rate of $10/hour for up to 180-200 hours (about 15 hours/week).
Deadline for Applications: December 6, 2019
Liberty Hall Historic Site relies on the support of volunteers who assist with many aspects of museum operations. Volunteers who enjoy working with the public can assist with children’s and adult programs and special events. Those who prefer to help behind the scenes can lend a hand in the office and assist with occasional collections projects. Gardeners are invited to join the Garden Brigade, which works on our 4-acre grounds the first Monday and Thursday of April-September.
- Free admission during regular tour hours
- 10% off Liberty Hall merchandise
- Invitations to LHHS programs and the annual volunteer recognition event