Location: Frankfort, KY
Begins: January 18, 2023
Salary: $17.00 per hour, 20-25 hours per week
Qualifications: 3-5 years experience in a marketing position working directly with website management, digital communications, promotional materials, social media, graphic design, and digital data analysis.
Liberty Hall Historic Site is a National Historic Landmark owned by The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Kentucky (NSCDA-KY) and is operated as a public trust for the benefit of the community. The position of Marketing Specialist is critical to the museum’s commitment to public engagement and is supported through the museum’s mission and vision.
Our mission to serve the public by preserving collections and sharing stories that illustrate urban life in early Kentucky and demonstrate the ways in which the people and customs of the past relate to the world today. Liberty Hall Historic Site provides inspiring experiences through which lessons from the early history of Kentucky and the United States become part of contemporary dialogue. Our core values are:
- Public Engagement
- Creative, Genuine and Contextual Interpretation
- Respect and Understanding for All Who Came Before
The Marketing Specialist position focuses upon the following objectives:
- Execute creative and appropriate ways to market, promote, and publicize Liberty Hall Historic Site, its events, programs, and tours.
- Measure, analyze, and report marketing and promotion outcomes.
- Understand regional demographics and associated social media platforms to capture new audiences.
- Brand the museum’s evolving thematic interpretations.
- Enhance the effectiveness of current marketing tools, i.e.: website, social media, newsletter, and generate innovative graphic designs for external and internal promotional materials.
- Develop effective strategies to attract visitors to Liberty Hall Historic Site’s gardens and grounds.
To achieve the position’s objectives, the Marketing Specialist will:
- Maintain current website and social media posts; record and analyze social media interactions.
- Prepare engaging media releases to increase awareness of the site; develop and maintain relationships with local and regional media outlets.
- Coordinate graphic design and layout of institutional e-newsletters and print materials, i.e., annual report and event materials; oversee delivery of print materials.
- Respond and coordinate public inquiries regarding rental of Liberty Hall Historic Site gardens and grounds.
In addition to accomplishing specific marketing responsibilities, the Marketing Specialist will join other staff in performing various maintenance and operational tasks as needed and directed. The Marketing Specialist reports directly to the Executive Director. The position is part-time with 20-25 hours per week (no more than 99 hours per month.) The schedule is flexible and to be determined between the Executive Director and the Marketing Specialist.
- Have no less than 3 years experience in a direct marketing role with proficiency in website management, social media strategy, promotions, graphic design, data analysis, and digital communications.
- Be committed to fostering an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion while upholding the values, goals, and strategic initiatives of Liberty Hall Historic Site. Applicants are expected to be a positive addition to our internal culture of transparency, accountability, support, and innovation.
- Have an inquisitive mind and a passion for history. Creativity, collaboration, and experimentation are crucial to this position.
- Be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Be able to juggle projects with different timelines & deadlines with consistent communication throughout. Project Management experience extremely helpful.
- Have excellent research skills, both in person and online.
- Communicate in a timely manner and with complete transparency. We believe change is inevitable, roadblocks can stump progress, and people will make mistakes, but communication and accountability are required to reassess and redirect.
- Be willing to embrace and drive change with an open mind, a positive outlook, and the desire to learn.
This position is located in Frankfort, KY. There may be onsite housing available for those wishing to relocate.
Liberty Hall Historic Site relies on the support of volunteers who assist with many aspects of museum operations and garden maintenance. Volunteers who enjoy working with the public can assist with children’s and adult programs and special events. Those who prefer to help behind the scenes can lend a hand in the office and assist with occasional collections projects. Garden volunteers are needed for clean-up days and the annual planting of the annuals in May.
- Free admission during regular tour hours
- Invitations to LHHS programs and the annual volunteer recognition event