Museum Educator/Volunteer Coordinator
Liberty Hall Historic Site is hiring a part-time on-site Museum Educator/Volunteer Coordinator (ME/VC). The ME/VC answers to the Executive Director and works with staff, and volunteers to ensure the smooth and effective daily operation of the property’s interpretive mission.
The Museum Educator/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of developing, implementing, and maintaining the education and public programs at Liberty Hall Historic Site. Specifically, the MC/VC will
- Use Kentucky Department of Education curriculum standards to develop educational programs for children, families, and schools
- Work with other staff to develop programs for adults
- Work with Education/Interpretation sub-committee of the Museum Properties committee
- Develop training materials for tour guides
- Develop interactive/hands-on components for enhancing tours
- Develop educational components for special events
- Assist in developing interpretive goals for the site
- Act as liaison with ad hoc educational advisory group
- Give tours, leads workshops, and gives presentations as needed
- Schedule volunteers for special events, programs, and school tours
- Develop and facilitate standard orientation and training of new volunteers
- Create and update volunteer application form and volunteer handbook (policies and procedures)
- Develop and maintain relationships with active volunteers
- Work with community groups to identify and recruit potential volunteers
Liberty Hall Historic Site is owned and operated by The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The NSCDA-KY has adopted a Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion policy that applies not only to the NSCDA-KY but to Liberty Hall Historic Site as well. The Society believes that LHHS has an obligation to provide access to diverse audiences and to provide programming that offers perspectives on a variety of topics past and present.
The position is for 25 hours/week at $20/hour. Part-time staff receive vacation and sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
Liberty Hall Historic Site relies on the support of volunteers who assist with many aspects of museum operations and garden maintenance. Volunteers who enjoy working with the public can assist with children’s and adult programs and special events. Those who prefer to help behind the scenes can lend a hand in the office and assist with occasional collections projects. Garden volunteers are needed for clean-up days and the annual planting of the annuals in May.
- Free admission during regular tour hours
- Invitations to LHHS programs and the annual volunteer recognition event