Liberty Hall Historic Site (LHHS) serves as a learning center that engages the public in exploring the history, politics, social and cultural life of early Kentucky through the homes, gardens, documents, and artifacts of Senator John Brown and his family.
LHHS is owned and operated by The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in The Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Kentucky Society is a member of The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America.
The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America promotes appreciation for the people, places and events that led to the formation and development of our country. We are an unincorporated association of 44 Corporate Societies with more than 15,000 members. The NSCDA has been a leader in the field of historic preservation, restoration and the interpretation of historic sites since its New York Society first undertook the preservation of the Van Cortlandt House in 1897. The National Society headquarters is located at Dumbarton House, a Federal period house museum in Washington, D.C.
The Kentucky society's first president was Mrs. Simon Bolivar Buckner (Delia). She served from 1897-1913. Buckner was from Virginia and a charter member of the Virginia NSCDA society. She is pictured on the left.
See below for NSCDA-KY members' activities, from volunteering at Liberty Hall to attending the annual meeting, held in May in Frankfort.
Ellen Bland volunteers at Old-Fashioned 4th of July; Amy Spears volunteers at the Planting of the Annuals; and Edie Bingham is presented the Margaretta Mason Brown service award by Mary Bradley at the Annual Meeting.